Estimated reading time: 1 minute 45 seconds
Knowing how to perform U turns is absolutely essential. The below techniques are very useful for performing good U turns.
1) Slow down to a suitable speed for the turn.
2) Ensure there is enough space to complete the turn.
3) Look where you want to go rule: turn your head and eyes until you are looking at the end of the U turn.
4) Initiate the turn by turning the handlebar as much as needed to complete the turn in the given area.
1) Once stopped, first ensure that there is enough space for the U turn to be completed.
2) Plant your foot as far towards the right as possible, with your foot pointed outwards in the direction you wish to go (right, in this case).
3) Turn the handlebars to full lock (here, right side).
4) Look where you want to go rule: turn your head and eyes until you are looking at the end of the U turn.
5) Lean slightly towards the right side (both the rider as well as the motorcycle).
6) Let out the clutch lever till the friction point and release it fully gradually, adding throttle as needed.
7) Complete the U turn while looking at the end of the turn.
Practice this until you can complete the U turn with both the feet up on the foot pegs.
– Keep the elbows flexible and loose for better turning and maneuverability.
Below is a U turns skills practice video: